The telecom recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking to bring aboard an experienced IP Network Engineer within the Toronto, Ontario region. This role is currently being offered on a full-time contracting basis.
The candidate in this role will be required to work directly with end customers and in a consultative manner with product support teams, regional customer support teams, the R&D organization, and systems engineering teams to deliver projects to the end customer.
The overall responsibilities/accountabilities include:
- Lead design discussions with the customer and consult with other team architects for design validations.
- Engage in the day-to-day activities of the customer as related to products and services.
- Produce and deliver product configuration based on pre-defined network designs.
- Produce detailed Network Migration Services to support our customer’s requirements.
- Act as onsite technical prime for validating/supporting automated service creations and report generation tools.
- Produce and review design documentation, training documentation, and various customer-facing documents.
- Work closely with customers to test, design, and plan for network deployments and live migrations of customer traffic.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customers’ technical management teams.
- Develop and maintain in-depth technical and marketing knowledge of key product lines.
The skills and experiences required to be successful in this role include:
- 5 or more year of experience delivering professional services including network strategy, design and engineering, implementation, testing, customer training, and on-site support.
- Network Engineering expertise at a Multi-vendor integration level.
- Strong working level knowledge of IP Networking. Routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, BGP), signaling protocols (RSVP, LDP), QoS, IP VPN, VLAN, VLL/VPLS, DPI, etc.
- Specific Alcatel knowledge of ALU 7×50 routers, 7705 SAS, and/or 7210.
- Excellent hands-on network integration and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Those candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us a detailed model of their resume in confidence. The recruitment team will formally follow up with those who would be an ideal fit for the environment and requirements.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.