The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced IP Network Management Engineer who would be interested in a contract and/or remote opportunity offered within the Seattle, Washington region.
The candidate in this role will be required to work in a consultative manner directly with the customer, and internally with product line managers (PLM), regional customer support teams (RSC), and sales engineering teams to deliver services which may include the following responsibilities:
- Implement, maintain and refine designs of the 5620 SAM production systems to support the customer’s operations.
- Produce and review customer specific documentation for various change requests, maintenance, monitoring or administrative procedures applicable to the 5620 SAM systems.
- Stay abreast of and coordinate on-going 5620 SAM system related work such as software upgrades, tech support issues, software bugs etc.
- Design, test and execute scripts using 5620SAM supported technologies such as XMLAPI, CLI commands, HTTP SOAP etc.
- Provide guidance to developers to support the integration of OSS systems with 5620 SAM.
- Produce and review design documentation, training documentation, and various customer-facing documents.
- Provide advanced and customized workshops and technical training to customers.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customer’s technical management teams.
- Travel is not expected for this position, but could occasionally be required.
The experiences we are looking for are:
- Very strong working knowledge of 5620 SAM and SAM-O XML Interface.
- Experience delivering professional services including network strategy, design and engineering, proof of concept, implementation, testing, customer training and on-site support.
- OSS and/or Multi-vendor integration experience.
- Network Management of IP and WAN networks (includes HP-OV, SNMP, and CLI knowledge).
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of IP Networking. Routing protocols (OSPF, ISIS, BGP), signaling protocols (RSVP, LDP), QoS, IP VPN, VLAN, VLL/VPLS, BRAS, etc.
- Tier 1 network architecture background in the areas of Mobile Backhaul.
- Minimum intermediate knowledge of UNIX.
- Experience with scripting and scripting languages.
- Software development experience is an asset: Object Oriented Design and Analysis, Java programming language, JMS, EJB over RMI. C++
- Programming, Visual Works 3.x to 7.x, Internet-based applications using XML, HTTP/s, SOAP knowledge.
- Oracle Database experience and Database access technologies.
- Excellent design and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.