The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced IP Packet Core Engineer who would be interested in a full-time permanent opportunity offered within the Seattle, Washington region.
The essential functions within the role involve:
- Resolves technical issues that cannot be resolved through normal operations and maintenance procedure.
- Ensures compliance to outage reporting process and collaborate with engineering, product development and the vendor technical organizations when required.
- This role requires that the engineer participate in an “on call rotation” on an as needed basis to ensure that expert level support is available on a 24×7 basis.
- Provides technical guidance to junior Tier 2 Engineers during resolution of customer issues.
- Ensures that performance goals are maintained across the team.
- Supports the development and delivery of training programs and supports documentation to other departments.
- Produces technical bulletins in order to provide short term work-around solutions and guidance on current Network issues.
- Provides mentoring to others within the positions team or customers team.
- Provides guidance to Engineering and Vendor teams with the validation and deployment of new products and services.
In order to be successful in this role, we are looking for those who have experiences and/or knowledge with the following:
- Packet Core Experience, including management/operations/troubleshooting experience of MMEs, PGWs and ePDG.
- TCP/IP Networking basic knowledge.
- Advanced understanding of Operations and Maintenance procedures and Advanced Troubleshooting techniques across multiple platforms.
- Advanced understanding of system protocols and interfaces that are used within a wireless network.
- Ability to multitask and effectively handle multiple competing priorities.
- Self-motivated and able to work independently even under pressure situations.
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to build consensus across teams.
- Ability to work cross functionally to identify and resolve network faults/issues.
- 2+ years experience with Nokia, Cisco or Ericsson is strongly preferred.
- 2+ years experience with Cisco and IP Networking is a plus.
- Packet Core experience on Nokia CMM & Cisco ASR5500/UltraM platforms.
- LTE and/or VoLTE experience.
- Operations experience working with Linux & Unix platforms.
- Python/Perl Scripting knowledge.
- NFV/OpenStack virtualization experience.
- Cisco or OpenStack certifications are a plus.
- Understanding of 5G concepts is a plus.
- CCNA, CCNP, Virtualization (VMWare, AWS) certificate would be a plus.
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.