The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced IT Program Manager who would be interested in a permanent opportunity offered within the Ottawa, Ontario region.
Reporting to the Director of IT Program Management, the Program Manager acts as a liaison between the Information Technology department and one of the four Operating groups. Operating groups consist of Finance, Tax, Legal, Marketing, Sustainability, Human Resources and IT.
The Program Manager is responsible for all IT initiatives within a specific Operating group, ensuring the business objectives are met through the effective use of technology by successfully managing a portfolio of projects.
The Program Manager is accountable for ensuring the Business strategy and IT strategy are aligned and managed via an integrated roadmap. Acting as a partner with the specified Operating group, the Program Manager proactively shares opportunities to build competitive advantages and improve overall efficiency and effectiveness.
The Program Manager provides project management oversight, working closely with the business and project team(s), to oversee the effective design, configuration, development, implementation, and deployment of technology initiatives.
Business Liaison Responsibilities:
- Build and foster relationships and establish a partnership with the business operating group.
- Act as an advisor to the business, focusing on value proposition to deliver optimal return on IT investment.
- Influence and motivate stakeholders to deliver transformational change encompassing people, process and technology.
- Work with the business operating group and IT leadership teams to define and maintain an integrated roadmap based on Business and IT strategy.
- Act as an interface to multiple levels within the organization including senior leadership.
- Work closely with the functional, technical and business groups to ensure the efficiency and effectiveness of systems solutions deployed.
- Act as a liaison and manage relationships with business system related software vendors.
- Chair the monthly IT- Operating group leadership meeting.
Program/Project Management Responsibilities:
- Accountable for the planning and management of a portfolio of projects within a Program.
- Plan and manage concurrent projects within the program consisting of areas that can include business systems, network, infrastructure and telephony.
- Responsible for effort and cost estimates, project, status reporting, budget management, issue resolution and risk management.
- Lead and manage cross-functional teams consisting of internal IT, business and external resources.
- Resource forecasting and planning to ensure appropriate allocation of resources based on requirements.
- Manage communications with all stakeholders and report the progress of the program at regular intervals to IT and Business senior leadership.
- Manage the business system analysis process including requirements definition, business case development, options evaluation and implementation strategy.
Who we’re looking for:
- Bachelor of Commerce, with a Major in Management Information Systems, or a Bachelor of Computer Science degree or equivalent combination of theory and progressive experience.
- 5+ years Senior level customer relationship management experience.
- 5+ years managerial experience in IT.
- Project and Program Management of Financial Management, Technology
- Delivery, Business Process Improvement.
- Experience with Project Portfolio Management tools to aid in Resource Planning & Forecasting.
- Proven project management and organizational skills and the ability to drive projects in a collaborative manner in a matrix environment.
- Proven experience leading business transformation projects encompassing people, process and technology.
- Industry experience in Construction and/or Real Estate is an asset.
- PMP certification is an asset.
- Agile Project experience is an asset.
- ERP experience, ideally SAP, is an asset.
- Strong leadership and communication skills with a proven track record of managing multiple concurrent projects.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage a portfolio of projects and their associated budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management.
- Proven change management, communications and conflict management skills.
- Proven experience managing cross-functional teams in a matrix environment.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and foster collaborative relationships.
- Superior analytical, problem-solving and judgment skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, challenging and changing work environment.
- Cross-group collaboration and large group meeting facilitation.
- Formal presentation experience to large audiences, including senior leadership.
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.