The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Java Developer/Analyst who would be interested in a contract and/or permanent opportunity offered within the Ottawa, Ontario region.
The primary objective is to ensure that IT enterprise application systems within the organization are designed, developed, deployed and supported in a client-centric, efficient and cost-effective manner.
The incumbent will be responsible for the analysis, development, integration, testing, implementation, documentation and maintenance of new and existing systems, and integration software in support of systems development and enterprise-wide systems operation.
The incumbent will assume a leadership role in collaborating with our enterprise systems clients in order to understand their business needs.
The incumbent is responsible for engaging clients to define requirements, analyzing alternative system solutions, proposing and/or reviewing system design to ensure requirements are met, and manage the implementation of system enhancements or changes.
Primary Duties – Systems Development and Integration (55%):
- Design, code, and test new software products as well as the integration of third-party software solutions.
- Define and specify appropriate technical solutions through the coordination of efforts with other systems specialists.
- Execute projects in terms of the design, improvement and implementation of enterprise systems and applications.
- Coordinates or facilitates testing of modified systems and implementation of new systems.
- Ensure the design and implementation of systems adhere to the policies, standards, codes, procedures and guidelines acceptable to the organization.
- Perform system performance testing, monitoring, and troubleshooting
- Coordinate implementation and support activities with 3rd party software vendors where applicable.
- Prepare appropriate technical and client documentation
- Research, document, and apply best practices in JAVA development.
Application Maintenance (35%):
- Maintain and enhance software as required.
- Respond to inquiries from client departments about application functionality.
- Investigate and resolve production application problems.
- Support client operational business needs as required.
- Update technical, operational and user documentation as required.
Project Coordination (10%):
- Establish priorities and schedules in the context of specific projects or system enhancements requests.
- Track, report and escalate to their supervisor all issues, risks and obstacles that could influence the progress of the initiative.
- Instruct colleagues and staff in methods and procedures.
- Supervise the work of programmer/analysts, external consultants and other project team members on an as-needed basis.
Relevant Work Experience:
- 6 to 8 years of directly related experience, normally acquired through several years of consulting on various information system projects.
- Knowledge and experience using Java, and in particular, successfully developing secure Java-based solutions, is required.
- Experience in ensuring security is embedded into every aspect of the development process.
- Knowledge and experience using Java Web-Based Technology, scripting languages, and HTML is required.
- Knowledge of Oracle development tools, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX and technologies such as Groovy/Grails, Spring, and Hibernate is an asset.
- Experience in applying OWASP’s and other security-based frameworks in development.
- Strong development experience of secure based Java-based solutions.
- Strong Development AND Debugging skills.
- PL/SQL is ideal but MS SQL would also be considered.
- Oracle Reports.
- Waterfall mainly with some Agile.
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.