The software recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Java Technical Lead/Architect who would be interested in a long-term contract opportunity offered within the Ottawa, Ontario region.
The right talent in this role will be part of a change-agent team of subject matter experts that are essential in the continuation of our Optical Networking Business Unit transformation.
Your mastery of the technical domain, your thoughts leadership, your analytical approach in solution solving, and your ability to provide both strategic and tactical Software architectural guidance in the context of a MAN/WAN Optical Networking portfolio are key elements that will allow you to fulfill your aspiration and the business to achieve its goal.
As an independent contribution Software Architect SME, your mission is to assist in pulling (sustaining and growing) our business in our traditional areas (especially CSP infrastructure), while growing our business in non-traditional areas (namely in TEPS, AO and CNP).
As a Software Architect in this role, your initial focus will be to complement the team with your expertise in overall non-attached Software Architecture especially around the functional areas of software control, automation, analytics, service fulfillment and assurance.
Your ability to architect a modular closed/open networking offering will be key. To that effect, proven understanding and hands-on experience with Open networking constructs such as ONAP, PNDA, ODL, and ONOS frameworks will be marquee elements of your personal brand.
Overall skills and requirements we are looking for are:
- 7+ years of experience with telecom products.
- Must have experience as an architect in application SW product lines (Wavesuite).
- Degree in engineering or commercial engineering; advanced degree is an asset.
- Must be comfortable working collaboratively across many groups within the organization including R&D, PLM, marketing, services & support.
- High energy and ability to influence/lead others; willingness to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent technical skills, with solid technical and operational understanding of SW architecture.
- Experience with OSS, NMS, cloud environment, virtualization, is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of L0-L3 protocols is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with Open projects and initiatives is a plus.
- Willingness and ability to work with teams, ability to build relationships using an open and respectful communication and collaboration style.
- Excellent verbal communications skills.
- Logical and concise writing skills.
Candidates looking to apply are to send us an updated model of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.