The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Manager of Software Development who would be interested in a contract to hire opportunity offered within the Ottawa, Ontario region.
- Define the architecture of the NSP Web applications product suite.
- Produce and maintain Web libraries and frameworks to support fast development of complex Web applications.
- Support the development community using the team’s deliverables.
- Research and evaluate software (open source and 3pp) to include in the development process and product.
- Make informed technology and implementation decisions.
- Accurately set and meet deadlines.
- Continuously improve personal and the team’s skill set.
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science or related field.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- 3+ years building RESTful web services, APIs and dynamic database driven web applications.
- 3+ years using web servers such as Tomcat.
- 5+ years developing applications in Java programming language
- Experience using software design patterns such as MVC (Spring) and FLUX (Redux).
- Experience with modern build infrastructure such as Webpack and Babel.
- Experience using UX design concepts such as Material Design.
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with various operating systems (Linux, Mac OS, Windows).
- Proficient in exploring and evaluating new technologies.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.