The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Assistant Manager of Software Development who would be interested in a permanent opportunity offered within the Ottawa, Ontario region.
The Assistant Manager, Software Development is accountable, to both Information Technology Services (ITS) and Client Departments, for contributing to the effective and innovative use of information technology to develop, integrate and maintain information systems in line with the Organization’s business strategy and in support of its activities.
The desired knowledge and experience:
- Honours degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 8 years minimum of directly related experience, normally acquired through several years of consulting on various information systems projects.
- Knowledge and experience using Java, and in particular, successfully developing secure Java-based solutions, is required.
- Experience in ensuring security is embedded into every aspect of the development process.
- Knowledge and experience using Java Web-Based Technology, scripting languages, and HTML is required.
- 3 to 5 years of recent experience at a medium level in a supervisory/management/senior lead position in the IT industry.
- Experience with development at the architectural level.
- Needs to lead the team technically, including hands-on development (est. 70-80% coding).
- Strong Java Knowledge/Experience.
- Implement new coding practices.
- Knowledge of Oracle development tools (such as TOAD, Forms and Reports), SQL, PL/SQL is required.
- Experience and knowledge of UNIX and technologies such as Groovy/Grails, Spring and Hibernate are assets.
- Theory and principles of computer science, in particular, the methodologies, procedures and practices of application systems development, information systems audit, control and security.
- Experience in applying OWASP’s and other security-based frameworks in their development.
- Highly developed analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills and highly developed ability to think logically through complex procedural and systems processes.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to foster collaboration and teamwork in a matrix environment in areas of information systems support by demonstrating technical competence, respect, integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to manage, organize and prioritize the work of others, including budgeting, and staffing.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirement analysis through to day-to-day management.
- Excellent understanding of project management principles.
- Proven leadership ability.
- Highly motivated self-starter with proven ability to work without supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly from the technical level to executive management.
- Strong conflict management and negotiating skills.
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities.
- Exceptional service orientation and customer focused.
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.