The telecom recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Resident IP Network Engineer who would be interested in getting into a contract opportunity offered within the Atlanta, Georgia region.
The candidate within this role will be required to work in a collaborative manner with project management, network design architects, sales support, customer services, and field service engineers to scope and deliver professional service projects, which can include the following responsibilities:
- Provision IP/MPLS service routers from completed IP network designs.
- Produce network implementation and migration plans.
- Configure equipment and services.
- Test and Support networks in various stages of network field deployment.
- Audit and assess customer networks.
- Upgrade customer networks to new releases of software and hardware.
- Produce and review technical design documentation.
- Produce and review technical project plans.
- Provide appropriate training and assistance to partners and customers.
- Evaluate customer networks for performance, scalability, and security.
- Work closely with customers to test, design, and plan for deployments of new products and features.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customer’s technical management and teams.
The skills and experiences we are looking for are:
- 5 – 10 years relevant work experience with a telecommunications equipment vendor or service provider.
- Expert Level Knowledge in IP routing protocols such as BGP, IS-IS, OSPF and RIP and of signaling protocols such as RSVP-TE and LDP.
- Extensive knowledge of Ethernet VLL, VPLS and QOS standards.
- Extensive knowledge of Ethernet switching technologies.
- Detailed knowledge of ATM, SDH/SONET, Frame Relay, Packet over SDH/SONET, WDM, wireless technologies, Access technologies (DSL, cable, and lease lines), Layer 3 Traffic Engineering and L2 Traffic Management.
- Experience in Network Management, Operation Support Systems (OSS) and Business Support Systems (BSS) is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Fluency in English is required. Excellent interpersonal skills required.
Candidates who are looking to apply are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.