The IT/telecom recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for the assistance of an experienced Optical Subsea Network Engineer, who would be interested in a full-time permanent opportunity offered within the Murray Hill, New Jersey region.
The overall responsibilities within the role would include (but would not be limited to):
- Planning and execution of DWDM transmission tests.
- Development and modeling of link engineering rules.
- Analyze results and perform experimental transmission tests that drive Architecture and System Engineering decisions.
- Setup and maintenance of an optical test bed.
- Work may include characterizing and acceptance test of subsea cables.
- Interface with customers, perform customer demos.
- Operation and revision of test automation software (LabVIEW, HP VEE, Visual Basic, Python).
- Extensive hands-on lab work.
- Documentation of test results.
- Presenting and articulating results to customers and colleagues.
- Occasional domestic and international travel may be required.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications and characteristics:
- Minimum MS in EE or Physics or equivalent work experience in optical or electrical engineering.
- An understanding of subsea optical cable design.
- Experience and expertise in high-speed optical transmission.
- Experience in DWDM system design, architecture, and testing.
- Practical experience in development and modeling of link engineering rules and optical network characteristics.
- Experience with optical transmission test equipment including Optical Spectrum Analyzers, Bit Error Rate test sets, optical power meters, and high-speed scopes.
- Familiarity with test automation and scripting software including Python, LabVIEW, Visual Basic, and HP VEE.
- Familiarity with optical simulation tools.
- Strong documentation and communication skills.
- Able to perform well and multi-task in a team environment.
- Willing and eager to do hands-on lab work.
- Self-motivated with a flexible, positive, and creative attitude.
- Careful and thorough, with meticulous attention to detail.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a work visa.
If you’re looking to apply for this role, please send us an updated model of your resume in confidence. Our recruitment team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up with those who would be an ideal fit for the requirements.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.