The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Optical/Transport Resident Engineer who would be interested in a contract opportunity offered within the Atlanta, GA region.
- Develop network architecture and services designs with the best architecture available to support our customer’s services.
- Produce network implementation and migration plans.
- Configure equipment and services.
- Test and support networks in various stages of deployment.
- Audit and assess network against customer service requirements and best practices.
- Formulate network management strategies.
- Produce and review technical statement of work documentation.
- Provide appropriate training material and delivery of the training.
- Evaluate customer networks for performance, scalability, manageability and security.
- Provide recommendations to optimize the network operations and performance.
- Work with internal technical teams for product placement and feature improvements for reliability, availability, and serviceability.
- Work closely with customers to conduct network readiness and customer readiness tests.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with customer’s technical and management teams.
- Occasional maintenance hour work expected in the role to support critical network events.
- 7+ years of relevant work experience with a telecom communications equipment vendor or service provider in configuring, monitoring and troubleshooting LH/Metro Optical DWDM networks using
Nokia 1830 PSS.
- 3+ years of experience in using optical design tools to generate design packages, managing optical power budgets and in-depth knowledge of different types of amplifiers
- 3+ years of experience in using optical network management systems.
- Preference for candidates with practical implementation of GMPLS and CDC technologies in DWDM network.
- Nokia product knowledge preferred (1830PSS, 1350 OMS, EPT and CPB tools).
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.