The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced SDN Resident Engineer who would be interested in a contract opportunity offered within the Toronto, Ontario region.
The candidate in this role will be accountable for:
- Understanding the configuration capabilities of the product, generating workarounds to satisfy customer requests, identifying and isolating the occurrence of product anomalies for correction by R&D.
- Provide assistance as needed in the design and deployment of the service routing equipment.
- Resolve Customer product issues through research using appropriate user guides, manuals, product release notes, troubleshooting guide, and other Technical Support Engineers.
- Provides highly visible customer support with (Major Move, Add, Change, or Delete), as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of complex network equipment and systems.
- Follow all escalations from inception to closure this may involve interfacing with Level III Technical Support, R&D, and/or Pre-Sales.
- Provide Sales with any new selling opportunities at the customer location.
- Interfaces with customers/managers in the presentation, interpretation and resolution of technical matters; will be involved in the resolution of highly complex technical problems during various phases of a project (staging, pre-cutover, implementation, cut-over).
Qualifications required in order to be successful:
- Strong networking knowledge in: IP routing, MPLS, VPLS, L2/L3 VPNs and QoS Demonstration and examples of above qualities in resume.
- Hands-on ALU 7xx0 and 5620SAM product knowledge.
- Alcatel-Lucent SRA certification or equivalent (CCIE/JNCIE) certification may be considered.
- Hands-on knowledge of Linux operating systems (REDHAT/CENTOS/FEDORA/DEBIAN).
- Strong understanding of SDN/Virtualization concept (WAN-Controller/Policy Directory/NFV.)
- Hands-on experience with installation of Hypervisors (KVM/Exsi/Hyper-V.)
- Hands-on knowledge VMware/Openstack/Container.
- Knowledge of EVPN, VxLAN and Vswitch concepts.
- Experience working in Datacenter environment.
- Knowledge of scripts language like PEARL/BASH/XML.
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.