The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for a Senior Data Scientist who would be interested in a contract to hire opportunity offered within the Ottawa, Ontario region.
- Master’s or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Machine Learning, Computer Science, or similar)
- 3+ years experience implementing machine learning models and statistical analysis.
- Experience solving problems that don’t have out-of-the-box solutions.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience disseminating scientific research results, this could include activities such as writing journal articles and/or white papers, and giving conference presentations.
- Expertise in some of the following Data Science methods is expected, along with a working knowledge in most: linear and logistic regression, Bayesian methods, random forests, dimensionality reduction, support vector machines, frequentist statistics, machine vision, natural language processing, neural networks, gradient boosting, and signal processing.
- Extensive experience developing custom algorithms for analyzing and processing data, and demonstrated ability to implement new algorithms and methodologies from leading open source initiatives.
- Experience writing production-grade software is a plus.
- Experience with cloud technologies: AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with any of the following visualization tools is a plus: PowerBI, Tableau, d3.js, R Shiny, Bokeh, Dash.
- Hands on and directly involved in the creation of sophisticated algorithms, data mining & machine learning strategies
- Finding creative ways and/or new perspectives on available data to provide value to our customers
- Working with our Research & Development team to: Apply theories and conduct experiments using available toolsets; Provide mentorship in data mining & machine learning techniques; Conduct studies, tests and use advanced data mining & modeling techniques to build solutions that optimize the quality and performance of the company’s data.
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.