The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for a Senior Delivery Automation Engineer who would be interested in a contract opportunity offered within the Toronto, Ontario region.
- Designing/building automation for deployment of cloud data centers and applications running on cloud data centers
- Understanding, defining, building and delivering tools to automate the delivery of our portfolio solutions, including the design, implementation, and deployment of configuration & test automation tools
- Presenting the automation tool methodology and tool demos to internal and external audiences
- Design, develop and test an automation framework for the deployment, upgrade, configuration and monitoring of software-defined networking products.
- Provide support to engineers and customers in the field that are deploying solutions into labs, PoCs, and production.
- Deploy and support our development continuous integration (CI) infrastructure.
- Develop object-oriented software using modern languages such as Java, Python and C++.
- Develop dynamic automated deployment software.
- Handle customer escalations and implement fixes for customer problems in the areas of networking and cloud infrastructure.
- Integrate software systems with public cloud compute and storage, e.g. AWS.
- Four-year degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of software design/development and testing experience, preferably using Agile methodologies
- Hands on experience in developing object-oriented, modular software using high level languages such as Java, Python.
- Practical Linux OS knowledge (RedHat & CentOS)
- Experience in building automation tools using
- Python Jinja templates
- Delivering automation using containers such as Docker
- Building Ansible playbooks and developing modular Ansible plugins
- Hands on experience with
- Version control tools such as Git
- Using REST interfaces to develop automation tools
- Designing and developing systems based on telecom standards
- 2+ year experience with cloud technologies such as OpenStack and using/building tools for cloud
- Strong understanding of networking and protocol concepts (IP routing, optical networks, cloud SDN)
- Resourceful and flexible, thriving in a fast-paced, challenging and evolving environment.
- Able to make decisions and solve problems independently, based on agreed strategic goals and objectives
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, investigating/reproducing issues and driving them to timely resolution in aa Agile environment working with peers in different sites
- Strong interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal)
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing priorities
- Experience in interfacing directly with end customers (internal & external) to refine requirements, demonstrate prototypes, deploy and support release software
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.