The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer who would be interested in a contract opportunity offered within the Ottawa, Ontario region.
- Automation of repeatable processes where possible
- Work with team to design, build and support a robust internal PAAS capability
- Evangelize the principles and mindset of DevOps, drive and support various projects and initiatives
- Identify and plan for optimization of resources and cost reduction wherever possible
- Recommend and prove the best technology practices, principles and tools for the job
- Apply experience, technical knowledge and innovative techniques to resolve complex Operations challenges.
- Effectively communicate issues, risks and dependencies with project stakeholders, escalating where appropriate.
- Champion continuous improvements in Operations capabilities
- BSC in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- 4+ years’ working experience
- Strong experience in automation for the Enterprise.
- Strong experience in Chef, JDK, Apache/Tomcat, RHEL, Linux and open source technology stacks.
- Experience with pertinent software tools (Jenkins, Bamboo, Artifactory, Nexus, Vagrant, Docker, etc.)
- Proven ability to develop architectures that incorporate high availability and operational scalability
- Experience with Test Driven Development practices and frameworks
- Knowledge of Continuous Integration/Deployment/Delivery principles, practices, tools and process
- Expertise in modern cloud infrastructure, APIs and virtualization concerns is essential
- Ability to render system design details in sequence and flow diagrams and other forms of documentation when required
- Experience working with and evaluating open source technologies and demonstrated ability to make objective choices
- Ability to communicate complex architectures and insights in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Ability to work in an agile, multi-skill team of top talents
- Knowledge of Cloud Infrastructure and Enterprise IT infrastructure knowledge
- Able to work independently, based on agreed strategic goals and objectives
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.