Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Service Desk Analyst who would be interested in getting into a long-term contract opportunity offered within the Ottawa, Ontario region.
The Service Desk Analyst is responsible for providing technical and advisory services to Service Desk clients. This includes: performing and assisting in technical support; operational readiness; process design and improvement; technical enhancement and maintenance; incident and problem escalation; customer services and support; and related advisory services.
They are the first point of contact for any issues/concerns surrounding Service Desk activities for Payments Canada’s critical business systems.
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in computer science or other field related to information systems and technology, or equivalent related work experience with formal post-secondary education.
- Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in an Operations support environment and or Service Desk environment.
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) foundation certification in IT Service Management is considered an asset.
- Participation in on-call support rotation along with periodic overtime will be required.
- Bilingualism (English and French).
- Valid criminal records check or eligibility to obtain.
- Government of Canada Level II Secret Clearance or eligibility to obtain.
- Microsoft Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Suite.
- Active Directory and Exchange.
- JCL, TSO, ISPF, MQ Series, CICS.
- Telecommunication, Systems Networking.
- Certification and experience with ITIL and associated processes.
- Quality Assurance/Control.
- Ability to execute Service Desk processes and procedures.
- Experience with PC/Mainframe platforms and connectivity.
- Well-developed communication (oral and written), problem-solving and advisory skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service and relationship building skills.
- Well-developed analytical and organizational skills with keen attention to detail.
- Resourceful, energetic, self-motivated and able to assume responsibility with minimal supervision.
- Quick learner: Able to rapidly get a solid grasp of how a system works, particularly, but not exclusively, from the functional (user) perspective.
Candidates who are looking to apply for the role are to send us an updated model of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.