The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Software Design Engineer who would be interested in a contract to full-time opportunity offered within the Ottawa, Ontario region.
- Create new code and troubleshoot existing code
- Provide work estimates and analyze solutions and architectures
- Document, reproduce, and resolve defects
- Write, develop and review test plans, test scenarios, and test cases
- Perform both self-review of results/artifacts and peer review of preparation and execution documents assuring thorough coverage
- Automate test cases and execution of both manual and automated tests
- Collaborate with other members of the development team, QA team, architects and product managers
- Recent graduate with your Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Strong programming skills with a variety of languages including C, Assembly, and Python
- Solid understanding of software engineering concepts with the ability to learn new technologies
- Possess creative problem-solving skills and excellent debugging skills
- Excellent team and collaboration skills
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Knowledge of Embedded operating systems
- Familiar with virtualization and containerization
- Knowledge of ARM and x86 architectures
- Prior experience in software development and testing preferably in a technology-focused company
- Working knowledge of Linux environment
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.