The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Software Release Engineer who would be interested in a permanent opportunity offered within the Ottawa, Ontario region.
What you’ll do:
- The Release Engineer will act as the main point of contact for all Release Management activities for the tech department and be responsible for the orchestration all releases (“Standard”, patches, etc.), including written communication to impacted groups.
- The Engineer will be running multiple meetings from retrospective to release planning and readiness review meetings.
- Standardize, maintain and enhance Source Code Management capabilities.
- Champion and steer the process for all planned production releases for Application Development including all release related communications, deployment tracking, etc.
- As part of managing of all releases, the Engineer will work with Project Managers to orchestrate all necessary milestones for Release Management, QA, and User Acceptance.
- Run release management meetings – Release Planning, Readiness Review, Release Retrospective, Release Audits.
- Monitor all Change Management tickets to ensure all required tasks are in place.
- The Engineer will create and maintain Release-related metrics and communicate them to the varying management stakeholders.
- Improving and setting up build processes or tools, setting up continuous integration (CI), setting up software packaging mechanism or tools.
Experiences we are looking for are:
- You’ve been a Release Engineer for a number of years now and can bring that knowledge and manage the growth of our release processes.
- You need to have experience with CI/CD, working within an Agile environment, and test case development, deployment and build process experience.
- Having experience with Jenkins pipelines and Groovy Scripts is a nice plus.
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.