The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Storage Engineer who would be interested in a contract opportunity offered within the Vernon Hills, Illinois region.
- Reviews architectural diagrams for proposed storage solutions and implements the standard cloud or on-prem services based on requirements
- Engineer and implement storage solutions including Dell EMC Unity, PowerStore, Elastic Cloud Storage, Isilon, PowerMax, VMAX Family, SC Series Solutions, VMAX All Flash and VMAX3, VPLEX, Avamar backup and, XtremIO Solutions
- Strong experience with data center expansions for computing and storage utilizing Dell/EMC, VxRail and VxRack Hyper-converged solutions
- Possess strong troubleshooting skills in Storage solutions and Hyperconverged technologies
- Implements best practices develop governance, and security controls across the storage infrastructure
- A solid understanding of networking and core Internet protocols (e.g. TCP/IP, DNS, SMTP, HTTP, and distributed networks)
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to support the engineering and implementation of new cloud applications or solutions
- Provide third level support to operational teams to ensure Incident and Problem Management is a mechanism that feeds continuous improvement
- Assist application and architecture teams with proof of concept cloud services and implement the design in a lab environment
- Establishes strong partnerships with key vendors, BTO’s, and infrastructure teams to deploy datacenter infrastructure
- Collaborates with the architecture team on standards and strategies
- Adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable corporate and divisional policies
- Participate in RFI/RFP workshop
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology and 3-5 years experience.
- Proven implementation of creative technology solutions that advance the business.
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work.
- Excellent knowledge of cloud computing technologies and current computing trends.
- Has participated in the design, implementation, and migration of applications to a on-prem or cloud environment
- Recent work experience health care/life science organization is a plus
- Experience in the systems development, implementation, and operations of a large-scale, enterprise systems
- Excellent interpersonal skills and well-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to effectively lead and facilitate meetings with customers and technical team members
- Must be deliverables focused and detail oriented
- Must exhibit exceptional teamwork skills
- Must have a strong customer focus
- Good working knowledge of DevOps, various types of automation, container platforms (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Prior experience designing, managing Microsoft Exchange and Office 365
- Experience doing architecture and design of IIS servers (including the use of SSL Certificates)
- DNS architecture, design, and administration experience
- Experience with VMWare, ESX Server with Virtual Center required. Working knowledge of vSphere and VDI
- Experience with Microsoft Server 2008, 2012, 2016 required. Knowledge of 2019 is a plus
- Experience with Linux OS
- Technical knowledge of industry-standard disaster recovery policies
- Dell/EMC Storage Specialist or Expert
- Dell/EMC Converged Infrastructure Specialist or Expert
- VMware Datacenter Track (VCP, VCPA)
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect, AWS Certified Solutions Associate, AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner
- Azure Certification Track – 103 Microsoft Azure Administrator 2020, AZ-300 Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies 2020, or AZ-301 Microsoft Azure Architect Design 2020
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.