The telecom recruitment division at Myticas Consulting is looking to bring on a board an experienced IP Support Network Engineer for an upcoming contract opportunity within Ottawa, Ontario region.
We are seeking highly motivated individuals to secure and grow revenue through high levels of product quality and customer satisfaction. This is a hands-on technical role in a dynamic environment, working directly with worldwide end customers, developers, architects, and product management to provide superior pre-deployment acceptance testing and support for initial and extended customer deployments.
The overall responsibilities:
- Understanding and evaluating the overall SP solution (hardware, software, systems and networks) from multiple perspectives.
- Designing and constructing network test harnesses.
- Provisioning and configuring networks to simulate live customer environments, including the addition of new or upgraded elements in the solution environment.
- Designing and implementing manual and/or automated tests to replicate customer-reported issues and validate software fixes prior to delivery.
- Working with local teams to lead customer acceptance and deployment activities for provisioning and reporting workflows; troubleshooting environmental and network issues; reporting and resolving defects.
- Planning, executing, tracking of all support, acceptance, deployment and upgrade activities for projects in an iterative delivery process, using judgment to strategically balance quality, schedule and cost for superior customer experience.
- Chairing Problem Review Boards as an advocate for the customer.
- Responding to all customer issues and queries during acceptance testing in a timely and effective manner.
- Proactive planning and execution of customers’ software and network upgrades.
- Assisting with pre-sales activities, trade show demonstrations and customer training.
Join our team if you have:
- BSc in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years Customer Support experience and/or Product Verification, preferably in customer-facing roles.
- Knowledge of network management and OSS concepts and basic protocols.
- Knowledge of IP Networking and familiar with concepts such as Routing Protocols (i.e. OSPF, BGP), DHCP, RADIUS AAA, MPLS, IP VPN, VLAN, VLL/VPLS, etc.
- Proficient with UNIX.
- Experience developing and executing acceptance test plans in collaboration with the development team.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, ability to produce comprehensive high-quality test strategies.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work independently on issues directly with the customer.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly and to work in a fast-paced, innovative environment.
- Ability to travel occasionally to customer sites and work additional on-call hours/shifts.
Candidates who are looking to apply or inquire further details on this role are to send us a detailed model of their resume in confidence. Our recruitment staff will follow up accordingly with those who would be an ideal fit for the environment and its requirements.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.