The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Systems Administrator/Engineer who would be interested in a contract opportunity offered within the Chicago, Illinois region.
The contractor is expected to provide level II technical support for a heterogeneous computing environment; document all technical support requests and resolutions using the client’s service desk system; and assist in the development of IT systems’ documentation, guides, and manuals.
- Bachelor and 3+ years of experience. Substitute education with additional four years of experience or industry certifications from CompTIA, Cisco, Microsoft, and/or Redhat
- Understanding of the OSI reference model
- Experience tracing network conductivity problems
- Knowledge in Microsoft Windows, Apple macOS, and Linux operating systems
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office and other office productivity tools
- Working knowledge of command-line shells such as Bash and PowerShell
- Understanding of basic security principles
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- Sense of urgency for incident and problem resolution
- Experience in call center/help desk position
- ITIL Foundation certified
- Experience with Ansible and ability to draft playbooks for configuration management
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as VMware
- Familiarity with DevOps concepts and practices
- Experience with firewall, NAT, and reverse proxy technologies
- Experience with storage technologies such as object, SAN, and NA
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.