The recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for an experienced Telecommunications Project Control Officer who would be interested in a contract opportunity offered within the Ottawa, Ontario region.
Security Clearance Required: Enhanced Reliability.
- Provide support to the project manager for planning and delivery.
- Supports and/or manages project set-up activities as requested (i.e. project budget, proposal preparation and project configuration in Changepoint system).
- Assists PM in planning and scheduling to ensure that all the necessary components and deliverables are aligned.
- Supports and coordinates proposal development process, including the creation of minor enhancement requests (MER), change requests (CR) and proposals as required.
- Maintains project plans, document management (DMS), PPQA, change and problem tracking, and contract administration.
- Supports the PM and Director in managing the control and tracking of project related items, including issues, dependencies and finance.
- Works with the PM or Director to ensure compliance to project standards, engagement processes and client requirements. (e.g. issue action item reminders).
- Works with the PM or Director in maintaining, monitoring and reporting project status of actions, issues, risks.
- Works with the PM or Director in managing vendor SOW, through receipt to completion.
- Works with Finance to determine the appropriate level of reporting detail required for the project.
- Works with Finance and the PM or Director determine the method and time of reconciliation activities required for the project.
- Manages MERs and CRs through execution.
- Manages junior resources where necessary.
- Communicates project financial status to executive-level audience.
- Project administration and reporting.
- Manages and supports project time administration such as vendor PO setup, billing rates administration.
- Manages and assists with vendor and contractor invoice administration.
- Manages and supports purchase order administration*, (ex., goods receipts).
- Ensures the purchase requisition process is followed.
- Maintains consultant/contractors files and supports corporate function validation of invoices (i.e. actual vs. contracted).
- Maintains and tracks project expenses (i.e. travel, supplies, etc.)
- Produces project time reports as per the agreed to plan.
- Manages time entry and vendor invoice reconciliation process.
- Leveraging features of Changepoint to produce project relevant reports.
- Manages PPQA deliverables as requested.
- Provides the project team with expertise in processes.
- Manages and co-ordinates project resource on-boarding and off-boarding processes.
- Leverages existing processes and standards in performing administrative duties (i.e. use of standard templates).
- Creates, formats and edits various documents, letters, proposals and manuals.
- Produces project scorecards and other executive-like reporting.
- Provides Changepoint administration: project set-up, billing rates, materials/products matching.
- Acts as focal point for the project team for the co-ordination of facilities, technical support and other engagement site requirements.
- 2 Years Project Management and 3 years of Project Control Officer experience + Telco
- SharePoint Administration
- Microsoft Office experience
- Change Management Process experience
- Risk & Issue Management Process experience
Nice to Have:
- Experience preparing and updating Executive presentations
Candidates looking to apply for this role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our team will be sure to review all applicants and follow up accordingly at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.