The BI and Analytics recruitment division at Myticas Consulting currently requires the assistance of an experienced Enterprise Data Architect who would be interested in a full-time permanent opportunity offered within the Ottawa, Ontario region.
The overall accountabilities of the candidate would be:
- Provide high-level strategic advice for future investment in IT solutions and technologies to support business objectives.
- Develop roadmaps and architecture blueprints that support the implementation of the IT strategy.
- Develop a view of business capabilities (organization, process, tools, and technologies) required to deliver against the business requirements, together with the Business Domain Architect (“BDA”).
- Create future state enterprise business capability models and value chain models in collaboration with the Business Domain Architect.
- Translate business goals, strategies and macro processes into architecture to enable delivery of appropriate solutions.
- Undertake high-level research, horizon scanning and analysis to identify future IT trends and assess applicability to support business objectives.
- Consult and collaborate with Solution Integration Architects and Business Domain Architects to shape and manage the pipeline of opportunities and assess and anticipate current and future business needs.
- Collaborate with the Project Portfolio and Management Lead to align the overall IT roadmap with the IT investment portfolio.
The overall responsibilities of the candidate would be:
- Provide expertise and technical leadership for the development of strategic directions for data architecture, business intelligence, and analytics.
- Advising the business regarding the direction of existing and potential technologies emerging solutions and new products.
- Capturing and prioritizing market and environmental trends, business strategies and objectives, and identifying the business benefits of alternative strategies.
- Assessing business/technical feasibility and impacts on future and current systems and technologies, recommending solutions and priorities, and determining and coordinating resource requirements.
- Overseeing strategic annual architecture plans, working with all IT teams to facilitate the exchange of information.
- Participating in the preparation of IT strategic plans and budgets for corporate and integrated initiatives.
- Participating in feasibility studies, producing high-level business models and preparing business cases.
- Participate when required to the Architecture Review Board (ARB).
- Participate in the vendor management process and strategy (build vs. buy).
The qualifications we need in order for the candidate to be successful:
- Subject Matter Expert in the Data space (analytics, business intelligence, etc.)
- Client Management: experienced in effectively interacting and communicating with business partners.
- Architecture design: experienced in several technology architecture designs or re-design efforts.
- Value Management: can identify the effectiveness and completeness of business and technology strategies and ensure alignment with clients and other applicable cross-organization strategies.
- Minimum of 8-10 years’ experience as a Data Architect.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in progressively advancing roles within IT.
- Deep knowledge of data and analytics at a major company.
- Must have or be eligible to obtain an Enhanced Reliability level of Government Security Clearance.
Candidates who are looking to apply for this opportunity are to send us an updated model of their resume in confidence. Our recruitment staff will formally follow up with those who would be an ideal fit at the conclusion of the review process.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.