The software applications recruitment team at Myticas Consulting is looking for a senior level Software Project Manager who would be interested in a contract opportunity offered within the Chicago, Illinois region.
The candidate in this role will be responsible for the coordination of multiple cross-departmental projects. We are looking for someone with proven leadership abilities that manifest itself by quickly earning sponsorship and key stakeholder trust, mobilizing and motivating teams, setting direction and approach, resolving conflict, delivering tough messages with grace, executing with limited information and ambiguity.
Overall accountabilities include:
- Current/Future state Gap Analysis.
- Work with software managers to collect and understand project objectives from business units.
- Assist in the creation of project plans and resource allocations.
- Work within and across multiple business units to coordinate effort and milestones.
- Create and maintain lists of projects, tasks, and associated notes and documentation.
- Assist in user training and software.
- Vendor/tool selection.
- Implementation of new tools/processes.
- Change Management and Communication.
The successful candidate should be expected to have the following:
- Expertise with Agile Methodology and PMP, PMI Waterfall and project management tools (Jira/Confluence).
- 7-10 years of direct software project management experience.
- Experience with IT procurement projects a big plus.
- Familiarity with the Agile development process.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification a plus.
- A team player with excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Elbow grease, integrity, team spirit, a positive attitude, and a sense of humor.
- BS/BA in a related field.
Candidates who are looking to apply for the role are to send us an updated version of their resume in confidence. Our staff will review all applicants and follow up accordingly with those who would be an ideal fit for the environment.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.